In the second game of their two game road trip, the Tucson Roadrunners fell 3-2 in overtime to the Bakersfield Condors, AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers. Adin Hill made his seventh consecutive start for the Roadrunners and Laurent Brossoit replaced Nick Elllis for the Condors.
- The Roadrunners are playing great hockey. Despite this game being a loss, the Roadrunners played better Saturday night than they did in many of their wins this season. The Roadrunners registered 35 shots and held their opponent to less than twenty (19). The best hockey teams dominate puck possession, and the Roadrunners did exactly that last night and on Friday.
- Roadrunners top line firing on all cylinders. Despite outshooting their opponent 17-3 in the second period, the Roadrunners were down 2-0 heading into the third period. Tucson’s first forward line (Perlini – Cunningham – Mueller) took it upon themselves to make sure this game went into overtime and the Roadrunners got a point. The captain, Craig Cunningham had two assists, Chris Mueller had a goal and an assist and Brendan Perlini scored a goal.
- Roadrunners run into a hot goalie. The Roadrunners should have won this game. They played the stronger game throughout, out-shooting, out-possessing and played a more disciplined game (3 penalties for Tucson, 5 for Bakersfield). Condor’s goaltender Laurent Brossoit did the to Roadrunners exactly what Adin Hill has done to many opponents this year. Sometimes a goalie will steal a game for you; sometimes they’ll steal a game from you and unfortunately Saturday just didn’t go Tucson’s way.
Boxscore Tucson 2, Bakersfield 3- Final (OT), shots 35-19 Roadrunners
First Period, shots 11-9 Tucson
- 15:26 Bakersfield- Taylor Beck (4) Assists: Joey LaLeggia (3), Frankie Simonellli (1)
- 19:29 Bakersfield- Taylor Beck (5) Assists: Kris Newbury (2), Joey LaLeggia (4) (PPG)
Second Period, shots 17-3 Tucson
Third Period, shots 6-4 Tucson
- 8:36 Tucson- Brendan Perlini (6) Assists: Chris Mueller (8), Craig Cunningham (7)
- 19:45 Tucson- Chris Mueller (3) Assists: Craig Cunningham (8), Tyler Gaudet (5)
Overtime, shots 3-1 Bakersfield
- 2:31 Bakersfield- Josh Currie (2) Assist: Taylor Beck (10)