LINK: FREE PHOTOS
Salpointe improved to 7-0 on the year after taking care of Ironwood Ridge 5-0 on Thursday. The Lancers came into the match between the two Southern Arizona powers as the top-ranked team in Division II and the table is now set for a top seed in the state playoffs come May 3. The seventh match played makes the team playoff eligible according to the rules of the sport and, as a top seed, the Lancers are looking to host the first two rounds….
LINK: GAME STORY
Salpointe 5, Ironwood Ridge 0
- SC: Brandy Kishbaugh/Andrea Owens over Sophia Gomez/Lauren Barberii 2-0 (21-18, 21-10).
- SC: Rylen Bourguet/Emma Hugeback over Jaedyn Azares/Gabrielle Suarez 2-0 (21-11, 21-8).
- SC: Francesca Pieroni/Sophia Hernandez over Jacey Olsen/Melanie Merrill 2-0 (21-14, 21-12).
- SC: Megan Muehlebach/Jalynn Ransom over Sydni Soloway/Daniella Alameda 2-0 (21-11, 21-5).
- SC: Leah Palomares/Gabriella Monge over Jasmine Lord/ 2-0 (21-12, 21-17).
— Andy Morales (@AndyMorales8) April 16, 2021
Andy Morales was recognized by the AIA as the top high school reporter in 2014, he was awarded the Ray McNally Award in 2017, a 2019 AZ Education News award winner and he has been a youth, high school and college coach for over 30 years. He was the first in Arizona to write about high school beach volleyball and high school girls wrestling. His own children have won multiple state high school championships and were named to all-state teams. Competing in hockey, basketball, baseball and track & field in high school, his unique perspective can only be found here and on AZPreps365.com. Andy is the Southern Arizona voting member of the Ed Doherty Award, recognizing the top football player in Arizona, and he was named a Local Hero by the Tucson Weekly for 2016. Andy was named an Honorary Flowing Wells Caballero in 2019 and he is a member of the Amphi COVID-19 Blue Ribbon Committee. Contact Andy Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org