Cienega senior center Andrew Husfelt announced today via twitter he has committed to continue his football career at Washburn University, a Division II program at Topeka, Kan.
Husfelt, 6-foot-3 and 270 pounds, chose Washburn over Culver-Stockton, Morehead State and Simpson.
— Andrew Husfelt✝️ (@AndrewHusfelt) November 19, 2020
“I chose Washburn because it is the best place for me and my family and it is the best school for me to get the degree I want in case football doesn’t work,” said Husfelt, who will study criminology. “I am excited to play under the coaching of (head) coach (Craig) Schurig and (offensive line) coach (Dane) Simoneau. I’m looking forward to the dominant offense that I will get to be apart of.”
Husfelt is the eighth local Class of 2021 standout to make a commitment.
- Former Salpointe OT Jonah Miller on May 18 to Oregon. He is forgoing his final season in high school and plans to attend Oregon in the spring.
- CDO RB Stevie Rocker on July 16 to Arizona.
- CDO DE/LB Chase Randall on Sept. 2 to Sioux Falls.
- Ironwood Ridge QB Chase Cassel on Sept. 23 to St. Norbert.
- Nogales LB Rene R. Urias Jr. on Oct. 1 to Grinnell
- Cienega QB Ryan Swoger on Oct. 23 to South Dakota State
- Walden Grove LB Sebastian Adamski on Nov. 16 to Drake
- Cienega C Andrew Husfelt on Nov. 19 to Washburn.
FOLLOW @JAVIERJMORALES ON TWITTER!
ALLSPORTSTUCSON.com publisher, writer and editor Javier Morales is a former Arizona Press Club award winner. He is a former Arizona Daily Star beat reporter for the Arizona basketball team, including when the Wildcats won the 1996-97 NCAA title. He has also written articles for CollegeAD.com, Bleacher Report, Lindy’s Sports, TucsonCitizen.com, The Arizona Republic, Sporting News and Baseball America, among many other publications. He has also authored the book “The Highest Form of Living”, which is available at Amazon.